I’m a native Mandarin Chinese and American English speaker trained in medical and legal interpreting. I’m passionate about sharing my experience in the field and enabling communication between English speakers and people with limited English proficiency (LEP).
I was fortunate enough to have spent my formative years in both Taiwan and the United States, and thus have had the privilege of being immersed in both languages and cultures. In college, I majored in English and International Affairs focusing on Asian Studies, I also minored in Chinese Language and Literature to continue my language studies. I first started to work as a translator and interpreter in 2005 when I volunteered for a non-profit that advocates against domestic violence. Discovering that I can help people using my language skills was an eye opener for me, and I haven’t been able to stop developing my skills in this direction. When I’m not working, I enjoy socializing, Salsa dancing, practicing yoga, or knitting and crocheting.
Training and Testing.
• CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™ certification. In Progress.
• Associate Healthcare Interpreter™ (AHI™) credential achieved
• Defense Language Proficiency Tested
• Certificate in medical interpreting (40-hour minimum by Heartland Alliance Cross-Cultural Interpreting Services)
• Qualified legal interpreter (by Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center)
• Trained bilingual advocate of domestic violence against Women (48 hours)